Welcome!

This is the no nonsense blog about my life. I am currently living in a mobile home park in Ashland, OR with my hubs and four kids. Check out the About me tab for more details. I am fairly new to this blog stuff, so be nice. Some days I post some I don't. My life is busy so I do my best. I love comments and would love for you to follow along.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mommy Monday and Trailer Trash Tuesday-Halloween

Two posts in one, the holiday yesterday decreed it so!

I've always loved Halloween. I love it even more now as a mother.  It is fun finding out what the kids want to be. I also can't help but notice what their choices say about their personalities.

This was the first Halloween that I didn't spend any money on Halloween costumes.  The kids kept changing their minds but finally settled on what they wanted to be.

J1 decided he wanted to be a military commando. So I dressed him up in my BDU pants, army boots, and a brown shirt.  He also toted around a play M-16.  I tried to convince him to wear some camo paint on his face but he refused.  This year was probably his last Trick or Treating.


A1 wanted to be something pretty. I told her that she was pretty all the time and that wouldn't be much of a costume.  She just rolled her eyes at me.  She finally decided she wanted to be a secret agent/spy.  So she donned my black fedora, and put my black trench coat over a sleek black dress with black tights and her shiny black flats.  I also let her wear my sunglasses. She was pretty and pretty happy too.



J2 wanted to be a Knight.  His costume took the most work.  I made him a tunic out of some leftover felt I had from super hero capes and sewed a shield on the front of it.  I was going to put a design on the inside of the shield but he didn't want anything on it.  I made him a helmet/visor out of a milk jug, paper, cardboard, hot glue and silver paint. I also used some brads so that his visor could go up and down.  I then put a belt over his tunic, tucked in his sword and handed him his shield.  I also had him put on his black rain boots to top it all
off.


A2 wanted to be a princess. So, I asked my SIL in AZ if she could send  me some of the tutus that she made. I forgot to bring some back the last time I was in AZ.  She happily said yes.  She sent me not one but three tutus.  Abby chose to be a rainbow princess.  I put her in a white peasant type shirt with a red shrug.  She also wanted to wear her green legwarmers on her arms, so I let her.  I had a crown for her, but it wouldn't stay on, but she was happy without it.



The downtown area businesses always have Trick or Treating so we headed there.  We went with my BIL and his family along with some friends from church.  We had a lot of fun.  The weather was nice and clear and warmish.

We headed back to BIL's house for dinner.  DH and I were exhausted.  I had to run a mile and a half for my wellness class earlier in the day, which was followed by regular classes and a midterm in my Art History class. Ammon had three tests for Spanish along with his Nursing classes.  The kids had a good amount of candy, so we called it good.

BIL was a trooper though and decided to take all his kids and ours minus the two little girls and went to Trick or Treat at the mall, the church, and various houses.  So now they have a huge supply of candy.  The kids were super excited when they got home, and said they had a blast.

All in all, it was a pretty nice day.

Living in the RV makes it so that we don't have any TOTer's that come here. I'm looking forward to having a house in the future where I can pass out candy.  It is just a fun holiday tradition to dress up as anything you want and get treats for doing it.  The funnest treat is spending the time with my kids, as cliche as that may be, and enjoying these memories with family and friends.

No comments: