Welcome!

This is the no nonsense blog about my life. I am currently living in a mobile home park in Ashland, OR with my hubs and four kids. Check out the About me tab for more details. I am fairly new to this blog stuff, so be nice. Some days I post some I don't. My life is busy so I do my best. I love comments and would love for you to follow along.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Mommy Monday- March Madness

One peculiarity about my kiddos is that they were all born in March. While it is fun to celebrate all in one month it also makes it a bit crazy.  The boys' birthdays are first, followed by the girls. My poor youngest daughter has lamented that her birthday is too far away from the other kids birthdays, it is two weeks later.

Friday is the first birthday and I still have no idea what I am going to do for any of their birthdays. I have been so wrapped up in my classes and tests that it sort of snuck up on me this year.  I used to plan great parties for the older kids when they were little. Living in a fifth wheel makes such parties difficult.

We had a tradition of the birthday doughnut.  We used to do pancakes, but since my time has been more limited in the morning and doughnuts became more of a rarity around here, the birthday doughnut tradition was born. This also means we are all sick of doughnuts by April. Last year, A2 opted for a birthday bagel and A1 opted for blueberry waffles. So, I guess we have a new tradition once again.

 


They will get a choice of either me making them a cake/dessert or picking one out from the store. They also get to pick their favorite dinner that I have made. I do know that on Friday we will be having macaroni and cheese with hot dogs. It is not my favorite meal and is a mostly a hurry up and throw something together meal, but J2 loves it.

For the most part, March makes me remember how lucky I am to have four wonderful children. They help me to be thankful for the small things. They grow up way too fast. Somehow, this year I will become a  mother of a teenager. I don't think I am old enough to be the mother of a teenager! We will make it through somehow. I hope we are ready for it.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

YAY for birthday month! You are such a great mama and your kids are so lucky to have you. Happy birthday to the whole brood :)

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what sweet March birthday girls with their yummy, fun birthday breakfasts! This is undoubtedly the cutest blog on the block~ I know of none cuter around these parts! Thanks for inviting me to come have a read and look around and happy birthday month to all of your kiddos. Yay Spring!
~Kathi from class