One of the *cough* joys *cough* of RV living is the pedal flush toilet. There is no water tank on the back of the toilet. Instead there is a little foot lever that you step on and everything goes down into a large holding tank. When you want the toilet to have water in it, you pull up on the pedal and it fills the bowl with water. Of course, the holding tank gets full on occasion and we have to trod outside to pull a lever and all the waste rushes out in a big whoosh, through a large accordion pipe down into the connection for the sewer. Then once it is empty you push the lever back in and it stops all the crap from coming out. Or, at least that is how it is supposed to work.
Lately, my toilet has been giving me more problems than if I had goblins coming out of it. I already told you how it is leaking. Well, now it doesn't want to keep water in the bowl. My precious J2 has the stinkiest poo imaginable and he needs that water to stay in the bowl for his mother's sanity. On top of that, the pipe leading down to the tank keeps getting plugged.
I went about trying to fix it by buying some septic emergency bacteria stuff. It was $8 and I decided to dump it down, hoping those little bacteria would eat up all the crap in the tank. Well, come to find out, the tank wasn't completely closed. So, I basically dumped $8 into the toilet and down the drain.
I crawled all the way under the RV to try to manually move the piece that completely shuts the tank off, but I couldn't get it to budge. So, now every so often the pipe gets full of toilet paper and poo and starts to come up into the bowl, but luckily gravity has been helping and it eventually swooshes back down into the darkness.
Now, I need to convince the hubs to crawl under there and get the tank closed up. Some things, I just can't do on my own. Now to find him some spare daytime hours to do it. That will be the real trick.
So, now you have a reason to be thankful for having a normal toilet! You're welcome. ;)

1 comment:
You're right! Thank you for the reminder to be grateful for the simplest thing we take for granted. You never cease to amaze me! I hope you can fix the issue soon!
Jenny
Post a Comment