Mondays are the WORST.
As I was returning my library books today. I had an interesting exchange with the librarian at my community college. He is an older Hispanic gentleman who is very friendly and super helpful, he also has a touch of an accent. He asked me how I was doing. I said, "It's Monday." Then he said, "Mondays. De are bad because de always feel as if part of you is stuck in Sunday." Can I get an amen?
I apparently left my underwear, bra and shoes in Sunday. I forgot them all when I went to school today. Now, don't get me wrong. I was wearing them when I left. I just forgot the extras that I bring to change into after my workout. Of course, I didn't realize they were missing until after I decided that a full on crazy 45 minute, sweat dripping off my face cardio workout was in order. My underthings were drenched and I wasn't about to put them back on after my shower. So, I went commando for the first time in over a decade.
So, I went to all my classes, barreled through my first Biology test of the term, picked up my littles and headed home. I changed as fast as I could so that I could feel human again. I then went about trying to study so that I can hopefully pull an A in Chemistry. I also took time to argue about the true theme of Shakespeare's The Tragedy of Richard II in my online class.
Then, A2 and J2 decided that uncooked ramen would be a good snack. Since I was absorbed I obliged them. Then I look up and discover that the ramen is being crushed and scattered all over the couch and floor. Next, I look up and the kids are playing with Legos. Following that, suddenly the Legos are being flung all over as A2 desperately searches for just the right piece. Soon, A2 has grown tired of the Legos and wants to color. Of course, she decides that her markers and crayons are inadequate and she NEEDS to use the grown up pen/pencil stash. Now that entire stash is on the floor, along with the container and drawers pulled out. Since space is so limited in here it really looks like a bomb went off. I will spare you the carnage.
How such a small thing can make such a HUGE mess is a conundrum I don't think I will ever be able to solve.
Then, I got some more bad news but, that I am not going to regale you with. I hope your Monday was better than mine, if you remembered your underwear, be happy because your day was better than mine.
1 comment:
Your words on the true theme of Shakespeare's Richard II were very much appreciated and I'm pretty positive that no one there had any idea, none at all actually, that your day was anything less than as perfect as your "spot on" posts there. You are an inspiration to many! For the record, our home has Legos and markers and carnage about when this Mom is studying, too. Eventually we tame the mess, but disorderly conduct is often the rule of the day here while Mom reads, thinks and type, type, types. I've heard that commando style is necessary once in a while, but pleading the fifth here, I'll just sing "lalalalalala" and pretend I know nothing of it. Ha.
~Kathi
~Kathi
Post a Comment