![]() |
| Kelly with S1 modeling a headband I made. |
K: Where do I start? I married my best friend 5 years ago and we both wanted to start our family right away. We discovered that we were not able to get pregnant on our own and started down the fetility specialist path. We were very lucky and after a few months of IVF I got pregnant and our daughter S1 was born in March of 2008. We were even luckier with our second and got pregnant the first month of IVF. Our second daughter S2 was born in August of 2010. I love those girls more than anything. The second they were born I forgot all the heartache and pain I went through trying to become a mom. They truly are my little miracles!
![]() |
| Miracle girls. |
Besides spoiling my children, I also love to hang out with friends. We are lucky and have a great group of friends who all have kids the same age as ours. When our 6 families get together we have 11 kids all 3 and under! It is chaos, but so much fun! We love to have backyard BBQs, go camping, spend time at the lake and we always say we have to go on a big Disney Cruise with all of them! I also love to exercise and recently ran my first Mud Run! And considering I hate dirt that was a major deal for me!!
![]() |
| Kelly at the Mud Run |
K: My kids. I know that is cliche but its the truth. I recently got laid off work and we are now doing everything we can so I can stay home with them for a year or so. They are only young once!
N: What was one of the defining moments of your life?
K: Honestly, I think one of the most defining times in my life was the year long struggle to get pregnant. The months and months of trying only to be let down over and over again. It is the most heartwrenching experience. I can't even begin to explain the emotional wreck I became. I was angry at any pregnant lady I saw. I hated my friends when they "accidentally" got pregnant. I was a cold and bitter person. But I was also so sad it physically hurt. I was broken. And then we started IVF. I had to give myself daily injections of medicine, go to multiple doctors appointments a week, all the while not knowing if I would ever get pregnant. It is a struggle I would never wish on my worst enemy. But it made me stronger. It made me really work for what I wanted. I think I am a better mom because of it. I think my marriage is stronger because of it. I am a better woman because of it.
![]() |
| I love this picture because you can really see how much Kelly just adores her daughters by the expression on her face. |
K: Don't give up. If its what you want, don't give up on your dream of becoming a mother because it is THE greatest thing in the world. It is worth all the heartache and struggle to become one. I would also do everything I could to help them reach that dream. The first time we went through IVF our insurance did not cover a single cent of it. And IVF is not cheap. We weren't in a place financially where we could pay the thousands of dollars it would have cost. Luckily my parents stepped in and offered to help us out. I will never forget when I started crying thanking my parents, my mom said to me "we would never deny you the opportunity to be parents." I would do the same for my children.
![]() |
| S1 with S2 |
N: How blessed you are to have such amazing parents. What advice could you give to those who are struggling to conceive?
K: Like I said to my children, Don't give up. I would let them know it is going to be tough. It is going to be an emotional roller coaster. It's ok to be bitter. It's ok to be angry. It's ok to be sad. It's ok. And I would let them know I am there for them. Infertility is something that unless you have been through it, you really cannot understand the emotions wrapped up with it.
N: Given that, what advice would you give to those with family or friends who are struggling to conceive?
K: Don't tell them "I understand". You don't. You CAN'T. And I swear the statement I hated the absolute most when we were going through this was "There is always adoption. There are tons of kids out there who need a loving home". That always killed me. Yes, I understand there are children out there who need homes, but I want MY child. It made me feel like I had no right being upset about not being able to get pregnant just because there were children out there who needed to be adopted. I would never tell someone struggling with infertility that.
N: What were you passionate about before starting your family and/or were you always passionate about becoming a mother eventually?
K: I always knew I wanted to be a mother. But I also used to be so passionate about sports. I played soccer my entire life. I loved it. I tried to join an adult league a few months ago but it fell through. I am still looking though. But for now I love playing soccer with Sam in the backyard. :) And hopefully if the girls like playing too, I will be able to coach their teams!
N: I know that you are very crafty. What project are you the most proud of?
K: Hmmm good question. I think this year I am most proud of the birthday parties I threw for the girls. I know they wont remember them, but I will always have the pictures! I hope when they get older they can see all the effort I put into the party so they would have a perfect day!
N: One more fun one. You mentioned a Disney cruise before and I know that you recently returned from Disneyland, so, what is your favorite ride at Disneyland?
K: My favorite ride is Space Mountain. :)
N: I truly believe you are a remarkable woman and mother, Kelly. I am inspired by your talent and determination. I am awed by your decision to take an incredibly difficult situation and let it turn you into the incredible and amazing mother that you are to your daughters. It has helped me remember that my children are wonderful little miracles. Thank you for being my friend and helping me remember how blessed I truly am to be a mother.
K: Like I said to my children, Don't give up. I would let them know it is going to be tough. It is going to be an emotional roller coaster. It's ok to be bitter. It's ok to be angry. It's ok to be sad. It's ok. And I would let them know I am there for them. Infertility is something that unless you have been through it, you really cannot understand the emotions wrapped up with it.
N: Given that, what advice would you give to those with family or friends who are struggling to conceive?
K: Don't tell them "I understand". You don't. You CAN'T. And I swear the statement I hated the absolute most when we were going through this was "There is always adoption. There are tons of kids out there who need a loving home". That always killed me. Yes, I understand there are children out there who need homes, but I want MY child. It made me feel like I had no right being upset about not being able to get pregnant just because there were children out there who needed to be adopted. I would never tell someone struggling with infertility that.
N: What were you passionate about before starting your family and/or were you always passionate about becoming a mother eventually?
K: I always knew I wanted to be a mother. But I also used to be so passionate about sports. I played soccer my entire life. I loved it. I tried to join an adult league a few months ago but it fell through. I am still looking though. But for now I love playing soccer with Sam in the backyard. :) And hopefully if the girls like playing too, I will be able to coach their teams!
N: I know that you are very crafty. What project are you the most proud of?
K: Hmmm good question. I think this year I am most proud of the birthday parties I threw for the girls. I know they wont remember them, but I will always have the pictures! I hope when they get older they can see all the effort I put into the party so they would have a perfect day!
![]() |
| See more pictures here. |
![]() |
| You have got to check out her blog on how to make the cute party hat. |
K: My favorite ride is Space Mountain. :)
![]() |
| Kelly's family at Disney |
N: I truly believe you are a remarkable woman and mother, Kelly. I am inspired by your talent and determination. I am awed by your decision to take an incredibly difficult situation and let it turn you into the incredible and amazing mother that you are to your daughters. It has helped me remember that my children are wonderful little miracles. Thank you for being my friend and helping me remember how blessed I truly am to be a mother.








1 comment:
Thanks for this interview...I love reading your blog and finding a little more out about other moms/friends. Keep it up.
Post a Comment