Welcome!

This is the no nonsense blog about my life. I am currently living in a mobile home park in Ashland, OR with my hubs and four kids. Check out the About me tab for more details. I am fairly new to this blog stuff, so be nice. Some days I post some I don't. My life is busy so I do my best. I love comments and would love for you to follow along.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tamra Mathias-Audition for SOU-Theatre Arts Program


This was my audition to get into the SOU Theatre Arts program.  I had several monologues I was considering but finally settled on these because they were the right length and when I prayed about them got an affirmative answer. We had to keep it under three minutes.  We reserved a room at the library, after hours so that I wouldn't bother anyone with my loudness and singing.  Watching it now, I would change some of my choices but that is because I am always trying to be better.

Doing it all in one take was important to me, but not required. I could have submitted video from past performances but I wanted them to see me as I am now. I stalked the site for weeks to see if they had watched it and meticulously kept track of which of my friends watched it.  I can be obsessive like that.  It was painful waiting but was worth it!


2 comments:

Alicia Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia Wright said...

You are so much fun to watch. I love your contemporary voice and the magic of your classical voice. Keep me posted on future performances and I will do my best to make a trip up. You inspire me!